“How can I get a Bluetooth Handsfree kit installed in my vehicle?”
This has been a popular question at WSS Westminster Speed and Sound these last few years. This article is designed to help you make an informed decision when choosing a Bluetooth handsfree solution for you and your vehicle.
Bluetooth Handsfree solutions can be broken down into two different types for most vehicles:
- Replacement radios with Bluetooth built in
- Bluetooth kits that integrate with the factory installed system
Replacement Radios With Bluetooth
We’ll start with replacement radios with Bluetooth built in. Let’s say you have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. This vehicle would be a good choice to replace the existing radio for a multitude of reasons. Not only do you not have Bluetooth for hands free calling, you do not have any aux input or USB port to play any of your digital music files. Plus you surely do not have any way to integrate your Smartphone. An important note is that some modern vehicles can not have the factory radio replaced, or may need installation parts that make the cost prohibitive.
Bluetooth handsfree kits are designed to work with the factory installed radio in your vehicle. These kits are further broken down into three basic types:
- Some vehicles can have Bluetooth kits installed where you will use the controls on the factory radio to control the Bluetooth kit itself. Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, and Audi are four of the popular brands where this may be an option.
- Bluetooth kits that work in conjunction with your factory installed radio, but you control it from an external controller that we install for you. This is a popular option if your vehicle does not have a kit made that can utilize your factory controls, or you want some features that the factory controlled systems may not offer you.
- Bluetooth kits that work through the FM section on your factory radio, or through your factory installed aux input. These systems are some of the simplest designs, but can have the advantage of easily activating the voice dialing feature on many popular smartphones.
So now we have made you dangerous with all of this information. But you are still not sure which one is right for you. No worries. Our sales consultants have been selling and installing Bluetooth since the category came to this country. To put it simply, we are Bluetooth experts. We have weeded through literally hundreds of different Bluetooth kits to find the best sounding, easiest to use, most reliable systems. And we employ the area’s best technicians so your installation is done right the first time.
And last but not least, after the installation is done, we go out to your vehicle and help you sync your phone to your car, and we work with you till you are comfortable operating the system. We are still there for you after you drive off. Do you need to know something about your system that you may have forgotten 90 days later? No problem, we have your back. Did you buy a new phone? We will help you sync it to your system if you need help. We will treat you the way people should always be treated: With respect and sincerity.
To learn more about our Bluetooth Handsfree Solutions for your vehicle, please stop in, call, or Contact Us today!