If you have spent any time in a taxi or a shuttle bus over the lest few years, you may have noticed a small camera mounted to the windshield aimed into the passenger compartment. This is a digital video recorder. Many of those vehicles will have two cameras, with one facing into the passenger area and one facing their direction of travel. We have been looking for DVR and Dash Camera products that would meet the standards of WSS Westminster Speed & Sound, and we are proud to announce that we have found them.
Why would I want to have what is commonly known as a DVR in my vehicle? Great question. Here are some of the popular reasons:
- May protect your vehicle from theft, vandalism, and stolen property inside of the vehicle.
- Can help investigators prove guilt if one of the above scenarios happens to you. It may also help in recovering your stolen property.
- It can prove your innocence in an accident or traffic violation.
- You can monitor the driving habits of a loved one.
- It may qualify you for insurance discounts.
We are initially planning on offering three different models:
- A basic single camera unit that comes with a 16g memory card.
- A step up model with a higher resolution camera for better picture quality. It also has better low light resolution, and a GPS sensor is included so you know exactly where the recording is taking place. Wifi is also part of the package so you can download the recorded files right to your phone, tablet, or computer wirelessly.
- The top of the line unit adds a second camera that can be faced into the vehicle or can record things happening from the rear of the vehicle.
Dash Cameras / DVR’s Can Make Life A Lot Less Complicated
Imagine this scenario. You are driving up the road and come to a stoplight. The light turns green and you proceed forward. Someone comes out of nowhere and plows into the side of your vehicle. You and this other driver are the only witnesses. The police arrive and the driver of the other vehicle says you ran a red light. If you have one of the step up models, you download the file to your phone instantly and show the officer your light turning green and you proceeding through the intersection. The officer then turns to the other driver and starts writing tickets. Think of all the aggravation you just eliminated for yourself right then and there. There are countless other scenarios where a DVR can make your life less complicated.
We invite you to stop by WSS Westminster Speed & Sound with your vehicle. We will go outside with you and look it over, and then sit down with you and discuss your goals and objectives. We will then offer you what we feel will be the best solution for your unique needs.
Leave a Reply